A number of items and tools that have to be crafted from crafting components are available for players to use strategically in a variety of situations. Crafted Items skills first have to be unlocked and then added to the Weapon Wheel. Once an item or tool is added to the interface and selected, another "round" of the tool can be crafted if the necessary components are available.
More powerful crafting items are unlocked as the player progresses and uses skill points to acquire them in the Skills tree.
The following components are used to craft tools and items:
- Meds, used to make Focus Boost. Can be acquired from Pharmingtons stores.
- System Keys, can be acquired by hacking some NPCs or can be obtained by ctOS palms. The Profiler Optimization skill will highlight such persons.
- Electronic Parts, can be bought from Pawn Shops.
- Chemical Component, used to craft Frag Grenades. Can be bought from Pawn Shops.
- Unstable Chemical Component, used to craft both types of IEDs. Can be bought from Pawn Shops.